This code of conduct governs Reciprocity’s Community, including its Slack community, customer community, and any events hosted by Reciprocity.
We believe a strong community starts with respect for your fellow community members and their diverse options and experiences.
Our goal is to maintain a safe, helpful and friendly community for everyone, regardless of experience, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, personal appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, age, religion, nationality, or other defining characteristic.
This code and related procedures apply to unacceptable behavior occurring in all community venues, including behavior outside the scope of community activities — online and in-person— as well as in all one-on-one communications, and anywhere such behavior has the potential to adversely affect the safety and well-being of community members.
- Welcome others and encourage participation
- Respect everyone and be civil in your interactions
- Conduct or speech which might be considered sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist or otherwise discriminatory or offensive in nature.
- Do not use unwelcome, suggestive, derogatory or inappropriate nicknames or terms.
- Do not show disrespect towards others (jokes, innuendo, dismissive attitudes).
- Intimidation or harassment (online or in-person).
- Disrespect towards differences of opinion.
- Inappropriate attention or contact. Be aware of how your actions affect others. If it makes someone uncomfortable, stop.
- Not understanding the differences between constructive criticism and disparagement.
- Sustained disruptions.
- Violence, threats of violence or violent language.
- Understand that speech and actions have consequences, and unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated.
- If violations occur, organizers will take any action they deem appropriate for the infraction, up to and including expulsion.
- To notify us of a violation, please email [email protected].